Problems with RegTAP, ADQL, natural joins, and MS SQL Server

Theresa Dower dower at stsci.edu
Thu Feb 25 18:12:41 CET 2016

Hello!

Not to bog down the whole list bug hunting, but for what it’s worth we’re using Gregory’s library (with a new “SQLServer” class on top) and queries returning res_subject columns currently work. If it’s a bug in the library itself (possible!) it’s database dependent.

I had already been considering setting aside some space in the Interop’s registry sessions for those of us working on RegTAP or clients to go over our found issues, especially as (noted below) changes can unfortunately still have side effects for other architecture. I am also planning on having some hack time with the folks at ROE and JHU using SQL Server for TAP. Would it be helpful to have a short forum and formally schedule a side workshop?

--Theresa Dower