RofR validator cannot access port 8080

Igor Chilingarian chil at sai.msu.ru
Fri Feb 26 05:37:45 CET 2016

Hi all,

I've recently tried to register our DaCHS based data center with its own
registry in the RofR and I encountered the following problem: the service
returns "connection refused" to the server on port 8080 even though this
port is accessible from all places I tried it from (from the US, Russia,
France, both private and educational networks).

When I proxied the registry endpoint to port 80 on the same host using the
web-server configuration, it worked but the validation failed because of
the :8080 string in the service URL which it didn't like.

Does anyone have an idea why the RofR cannot talk to a registry on port
8080?

With best regards,
Igor