Signing XML

John Swinbank swinbank at transientskp.org
Wed May 27 21:48:30 CEST 2015

Hi Norman,

> On 27 May 2015, at 13:05, Norman Gray <norman at astro.gla.ac.uk> wrote:

[…]

> I mention this here really for old times' sake, rather than in the expectation that this is a currently live problem for the group.

It’s not dead: it’s just resting. There’s clearly an issue here that we’ll need to get to grips with at some point, and I’m definitely interested in this work. I’ll have a play with your code.

Going off on something of a tangent: having been idly mulling it over for the last couple of years, I’m wondering whether we’ll actually see event distribution methods evolve in quite a different direction from that pioneered by VTP, and what implications that will have for verifying event authenticity and the like. Perhaps this is something that those of us who are there can chat about at the upcoming InterOp.

Cheers,

John