Is VOEvent v2.0 ready for prime time?

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Wed Mar 23 04:20:06 PDT 2011

Rob, hello.

On 2011 Mar 22, at 16:09, Rob Seaman wrote:

> Please respond:  Ready for RFC?    Yes ( )     No ( )

I think it's ready for RFC as soon as the <Reference> discussion is finished (but that's because that's the bit that I'm most focused on).

I wouldn't be surprised if that finished fairly soon, but I think that VOEvent would be missing an opportunity for v2.0 if it didn't include at least some basic machine-processable typing, since this has been a 'coming soon' feature for a while now, and would sustain VOEvent's reputation for pragmatic innovation.

All the best,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk