VOEvent References

Frederic V. Hessman Hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.DE
Mon Mar 21 09:45:48 PDT 2011

I understand, and this is all very good, but does IVOA then have to
create VO standards for everyone who might need it?  My examples of
SWIFT telemetry and Celestia simulation files weren't (entirely)
tongue-in-cheek.

If what we need is an astronomical label in a standardized format,
then why not simply have a means of defining and using standardizable
astronomical labels and leaving the rest to the users?  If someone
wants to create blue-painted VOEvents, then let's let them say "blue"
and not have to hand them the paint.

Rick