VOEvent priorities

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Wed Feb 3 16:39:01 PST 2010

Hi Arnold and everybody else,

I may have misunderstood what you were saying - that is not the same
thing as misrepresenting it.

Note that my message (below) was not intended to be responsive to one
specific prior message.  Two-thirds of one paragraph out of nine total
discusses STC.  As with most of my parenthetical remarks, omitting the
sentence with WhatWhereWhen would have improved my point and made that
paragraph shorter.  My pardon.

If minor restructuring and rewording is sufficient to make it pass
muster on your end - by all means please work with John to make that
happen.

The working group needs to focus on wrapping this up.  We reached a
decision to add support for time series at HTU-1.  We reviewed all the
options at HTU-2 and the various camps were clear.  Perhaps I failed
in not serving out broadsides indiscriminately since HTU-2 to get the
different camps to engage with the issues and with each other's points
of view :-)

Rob