VOEvent priorities

Dick Shaw shaw at noao.edu
Wed Feb 3 13:11:40 PST 2010

Well, it's easy to think of astrophysically motivated examples of timeseries
that are more than simple lists of flux vs. time coordinate: a time series of
spectra of CVs, where multiple narrow features (emission or absorption
profiles) are the variable phenomenon of interest, or a series of images
showing a spatially varying component within an extended object (aurorae over
Jupiter, or variability within a gaseous nebula), etc. Like Roy, I wonder how
these more complex representations of time-variable phenomena might be
represented, even if the Working Group is not yet ready to write the
specification. Or to put it another way, can we see how the proposed
specification might be generalized at some later time to incorporate more
complex data objects?

Cheers,
Dick