Technical question about v1.1 VOEvent schema

Jean-Paul Le Fèvre Jean-Paul.LeFevre at cea.fr
Wed Feb 3 07:21:52 PST 2010

I'm having difficulties with the VOEvent-v1.1.xsd schema :

I've compiled the file using jaxb, the Sun schema compiler but I couldn't
parse a VOEvent file using my code. More specifically the <What> section
caused my program to fail.

I figured out that the reason had to do with the fact that the element <Param>
has no type specified in the <What> section of the schema . It is the same
for <Group> and <Reference>.

I've been able to fix my code by modifying the schema, adding type="Param" to
<xs:element name="Param"/> : <xs:element name="Param" type="Param" />
everywhere and the same for <Group> and <Reference>.

Am I right ? Do I miss something ?

Jean-Paul Le Fèvre  * Mail : Jean-Paul.LeFevre at cea.fr