VOEvent priorities

Joshua Bloom profjsb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 11:09:21 PST 2010

My understanding is that LSST is signed up to use whatever VO tools exist at the time that they get going. So if there is an IVOA timeseries standard (either standalone or embedded) I expect it will be one of the conduits for them to publish their timeseries.  Obviously this wouldn't preclude them from publishing in other ways.

We've got some AAVSO, CSS, Hipparcos, light curves in an internal data model as part of dotastro.org. Once the simple timeseries discussion settles down a bit, John will be able to emit those data in this format.

Josh

Joshua Bloom
Associate Professor
UC Berkeley, Astronomy