VOEvent priorities

Joshua Bloom profjsb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 10:49:04 PST 2010

Roy-

 The idea of timeseries is that it has a time axis. We should be able to represent gravity chirp signals, sn light curves, pulsar pulse shapes, etc. But it's certainly not a kitchen sink on purpose. Those examples you propose don't pass the smell test of being a time series.

 Recall that we are also hoping (eventually) for a concept of a "source" which could be a bunch of those things you mentioned that are not a timeseries per se. I think this is like a flat single-file notion of your portfolio idea (as a directory). The difference is between keynote '08 and ppt/keynote '09 (presentation as a directory and presentation as a big file).

Joshua Bloom
Associate Professor
UC Berkeley, Astronomy
510-643-4621 (Lab)