VOEvent priorities

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Tue Feb 2 11:46:31 PST 2010

All,

I'm still slightly unclear as to why time series in particular has to have a special schema and end up in VOEvent at all. However there seems to be a consensus behind that idea, so I'm going to go along with the idea. However at that point...

> The idea of timeseries is that it has a time axis. We should be able to represent gravity chirp signals, sn light curves, pulsar pulse shapes, etc. But it's certainly not a kitchen sink on purpose. Those examples you propose don't pass the smell test of being a time series.

Agreed.

Lets restrict ourselves to time series in our time series schema please.

Al.