Consensus

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Mon Dec 13 15:33:56 PST 2010

On Dec 10, 2010, at 6:27 PM, Mike Fitzpatrick wrote:

> I'm sure there's a way to bring this all together in a common standard, but not if 2.0 pushed through
> in spite of the overlap with other IVOA projects.

VOEvent v2.0 cannot be "pushed through" unless the TCG and Exec pass the document.  The VOEvent WG certainly hopes to take advantage of the overlap you describe.

That said, the requirements for celestial transient alert messages remain fairly specialized.  In particular, these are XML documents handled by astronomers and programmers outside of the VO.  They must remain simple in expression yet complex in scientific content.

Rob