Consensus

Mike Fitzpatrick fitz at noao.edu
Fri Dec 10 17:27:20 PST 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Roy Williams <roy at cacr.caltech.edu> wrote:

>  The metadata then goes into the utype/ucd/unit/description attributes.
> Mike wrote "IVOA is now defining a common understanding of TimeSeries", and
> I take that to mean the document that Doug wrote:
> http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/LightCurves/STSP.pdf

Not directly this doc, however some concepts apply regardless.  Time Series
is
a VAO priority and this Interop agreed to do work on data models and access
methods to support that (in some cases, that work is localized to VAO
prototypes).
These efforts in describing TS should NOT be something other than what VOE
provides on its own, that's just not the "IVOA way".   I'm sure there's a
way to
bring this all together in a common standard, but not if 2.0 pushed through
in spite of the overlap with other IVOA projects.

'Consensus' should not end up being the documented capitulation that
includes
all local conventions, in some ways it should mean a 'compromise' by all
those
local parties to a use a common standard.

-Mike