Transport Protocol 1.1 and Cross Platform Broker Implementation

Bob Denny rdenny at dc3.com
Thu Aug 27 00:12:49 PDT 2009

> I don't understand this; while a HTML master is fine, there are plenty
> of cases where we have Word masters which can produce HTML and PDF
> as well.  In fact this is the most flexible case as then we get all
> three formats.  The HTML in this case however should not be directly
> edited.

No kidding, it -cannot- be edited!

> I suggest that if Word is convenient continue to use it,
> and merely generate the other formats when you publish the document.

Well, maybe I'm just not up to the task, but I cannot get Word to produce
anything but trash which will render only in Microsoft's browser and then poorly.

> I don't think the IVOA standards mandate that HTML be used as the
> master document format.

They do now, and this is recent (June I think). Again, I apologize for venting
on this issue. It's been a few days of one frustration after another w.r.t
VOEvents, things out of my control. But tonight I succeeded at building a
Scientific Linux on a VM, building and installing Mono from the current dev
trunk, and getting my Dakota broker running complete with DigiSig
authentication. The VOEvent parser/validator failed though. I will try again
next week with the stable sources for 2.4, and I expect it will work OK.

  -- Bob