IVOA and ADASS?

Andrew Drake ajd at cacr.caltech.edu
Wed Jul 2 13:56:10 PDT 2008

Hi Rob,

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Rob Seaman wrote:
> On Jul 2, 2008, at 11:53 AM, Andrew Drake wrote:
>> Let's not limit this to lightcurves.
>> Astrometric timeseries is going to be important
>> to the major event generators.
>
> I think the only major event generator we're interested in is the Almighty
> :-)

I don't adhere to that particular point of view.

> A VOEvent packet is a report alerting the community to an event that has
> occurred in the sky.

Indeed, such as the discovery of possible asteroids, or the occultation
of a stars by asteroids, or the discovery of high proper motion stars,
etc.
Let's not make the timeseries in VOEvents geared toward lightcurves.
With PQ and Catalina we have already been including timeseries data
in VOEvents where the astrometric information is much more useful
for classification than the photometry.

-Andrew