VOEvent v2.0, some thoughts

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 05:29:03 PST 2008

>>> 	transport document
>>
>> Okay, I'll finish it this time. Matthew, do you want to write
>> something up for Jabber? I was thinking of trying to push this
>> into A&A perhaps.
>
> Let's get a draft, no matter how grotty and start to pass it
> around.  A rather inclusive author list methinks - please include
> Phil Warner as well as me from NOAO - I guess start with the
> attendees from the transport meeting at VOE II and add profligately.

It's talking about the HTN stuff as well, so there will be HTN
authors. It's going to be a long, long, list. Although possibly not
as long as the Science paper I ended up being 50th author on recently
(and I was far from last as well)...

>> I'll pull together the bits and pieces I have put together for the
>> microlensing people and push it towards you.
>
> Cool.  Likewise inclusive.  Should represent usage across the
> breadth of the effort.  Maybe we should aim this one toward PASP :-)

Sounds like a plan. We should possibly think about (at the 2.0
stage?) actually publishing the VOEvent standard as a paper as well.
It's all very well pointing towards an IVOA URL, but it's not as good
as a paper in a journal is it? We should publish it...

Al.