ADASS BoF?

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Thu Jul 6 10:19:28 PDT 2006

Rob Seaman wrote:
> We're about three months out from the Tucson ADASS meeting (http://
> www.adass.org:8080/Conferences/2006/Venue).  We've discussed having
> a follow-up to last year's VOEvent BoF in San Lorenzo (can
> visualize the pseudo-packet announcement now).  Given the slow
> summer season, we would be well advised to start deliberating (or,
> at least, pontificating) on this weighty question ASAP.
>
> One idea was to enlarge the focus to include HTN (http://
> www.telescope-networks.org/wiki/index.php/2nd_HTN_Workshop)
> issues.  Perhaps call it the "Autonomous BoF".

I don't really know how much of the core HTN audience attends ADASS,
they're generally more SPIE people.

> Comments?  Co-organizer volunteers?  Suggestions for agenda items?
> (LSST springs to mind.)  And who intends to attend ADASS?  Deadline
> for BoF proposals is 1 Sep.

At $325 registration fee and $155 a night for the hotel + airfare +
tax and incidentals I'm probably looking at well over $2500 to
attend, so unless someone wants to give me a boat load of money, I'm
not going, I don't have budget for that...

Al.

PS. $155 + tax a night, for the hotel? Are they mad?