Baltimore preparation

Rick Wagner rwagner at physics.ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 27 21:10:23 PDT 2008

Hello Herve, et. al.,

> The next INTEROP in Baltimore will likely be an important milestone
> for the Theory in the VO. The development of SimDB has focused most
> of our attention for several months whereas SimDAL is also getting
> momentum. Both efforts will be at the centre of our discussions in
> Baltimore.
>
> However, there certainly exist several issues related to other
> fields of the Theory (e.g. microsimulations, semantics, etc) that
> certainly deserve to be discussed during the next INTEROP.
>
> To prepare the schedule, I would like to make a census of the
> issues that have to be addressed. This will help us to define the
> number of sessions and to determine the crossovers with the other
> Working Groups.

I am finally getting a chance to work on VO-related items, in
preparation for the next meeting. This week, I am using the datamodel-
derived tables to build classes for the database behind my SimDB/
SimDAP project. With luck, I will be getting in contact with Claudio
to compare VOTable representations for SimDAP, and following up with
Gerard on how to manage entries in a SimDB, both within the next
week. Then I can spend time on the SimDAP draft with Claudio, and
contribute to the SimDB note, if it has moved along.

My plan for Baltimore is to present a working service that is
interoperable with both VisIVO, and our local analysis tools.

--Rick

-
Rick Wagner, Graduate Student Researcher
UCSD Physics
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA  92093-0424
Email:  rwagner at physics.ucsd.edu