VOUnits maintenance release

Norman Gray norman.gray at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Jun 30 20:07:36 CEST 2021

Markus and all, hello.

(yes, I still seem to be subscribed to the list!)

On 30 Jun 2021, at 14:27, Markus Demleitner wrote:

> Since about half a decade, there are a few, admittedly minor, changes
> to VOUnits that have been in the version control system but not the
> published document, with no indication (like an erratum) there.  To
> get an idea what we're talking about here, see
> https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VOUnitsNext or run

I'm still able to log in to the wiki, still, but not able to edit this
page.

> The decision, I think, would be easy if there were more VOUnits
> issues out there.  Are there?

Two more minor things:

1. Arnold mentioned that the VOUnits document says that 'yr' is the
FITS-preferred unit for year, but that it should instead be 'a'.

2. It might be worth a refresh of this document in any case, since some
of the URIs are wrong (it refers to Unity at bitbucket, and references
to 'volute' at Google Code).  If there were a move to adjust these, I'd
want to find someplace to share the Unity source code repository.  I'd
quite like to see Unity used more -- that was a bit of a labour of love,
of the sunk-without-trace variety!

Best wishes,

Norman

--