UCD question: how to specify reference to a flat field image?

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Wed Oct 15 13:18:53 PDT 2008

Brian

Perhaps we can be pragmatic here by asking how this UCD is being
interpreted. I suggest that the code will look at the list of parameters
or table columns, and check if any UCD contains the substring
"obs.calib.flat". It will then take the associated (string) value and
see if it starts with http:// or file:// or if that string is a file
name it can open.

In other words, any UCD you like, so long as it has obs.calib.flat
somewhere in it.

Roy

--

California Institute of Technology