UCD question: how to specify reference to a flat field image?

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Wed Oct 15 11:22:40 PDT 2008

A broader issue is that UCDs arose out of column names in the
astronomical literature.  Thus many terms of art arising out of system
engineering, for instance, don't appear in a satisfying way because
these were selected out before they reached the literature.

A reading of "meta.dataset" might be roughly equivalent to "data".
You could also use simply "meta", a "P" word, depending on what you're
trying to say.

For instance:

	meta.dataset;obs.image - an image
	meta;obs.image - header information for the image

And then mime types might be used to specify FITS, etc.

Rob