IAU thesaurus in RDF (an update)

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Oct 5 08:19:57 PDT 2007

<< I appreciate your enthusiasm, but going beyond simple broader, narrower,
and related would demand a full-blown re-analysis of the ontological
entries.   Frankly, updating content, getting the old entries into rough
correctness and legibility was already enough work.>>

I don't think anyone is suggesting that you do all the work yourself, Rick.
If we agree a format then a subgroup of this workgroup should be formed to
take the forward.

The question is: whether the extended SKOS is too much work for that
subgroup or would substantially delay the creation of the required SV. If
not then it would seem worthwhile to develop a more explicit specification
than narrower/broader/related, so broaderGeneric, broaderPartitive,
broaderInstantive (will we be recording instances in the SV?).

T.