More obscure analogies

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Jun 7 02:40:26 PDT 2005

Maybe we should rename this group the 'VO Philosophy' IG? :)

<<My original comments were specifically about the word "event". An event is
not only an arbitrary notion - it is a whole constellation of arbitrary
notions.>>

Surely, from the sem.ig point of view, we need to focus on what the voevent
ontology will be *used* for and then look at the entities and relationships
we need to define for that. Let's keep things simple and focussed to start
with and then evolve (sexually and asexually) the ontologies as new
applications or needs arise.

Do we have any use cases for a voevent ontology?

Cheers,
Tony.

  _____