[Ontology] UCDs vs ontologies?

Ed Shaya edward.j.shaya.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 2 07:34:04 PDT 2005

Are these discussions going to be on dm or semantics?  We had better
decide fast.  I had spoken with Jonathan just a few days ago and he felt
this logically belonged inside of dm.  I agreed with him because
Ontology should be a basic component (an early stage) of data modeling.
But then Tony Linde reminded me that there already is a semantics site
and that is where it belongs.  That makes sense too.  What do others think?

Ed