XSD for VOResource 1.1 Erratum #1

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Jul 16 13:36:04 CEST 2019

Hi Mark,

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 01:49:51PM +0000, Mark Taylor wrote:
> The VOResource 1.1 landing page declares that Erratum #1 was accepted
> on 2019-02-05
> (https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VOResource-1_1-Erratum-1)
> but the XSD retrieved from
> http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOResource/VOResource-v1.1.xsd
> has not been updated with the corresponding changes;
> if I understand the Erratum process correctly, that should have happened.

My bad.  I failed to commit the changes I've made before I wrote to
Giulia (http://mail.ivoa.net/pipermail/grid/2019-May/003027.html).
Hence, she installed the original, not the fixed version.

I'll apologise and ask her to repeat the exercise.

[Of course, there is the intersting side question if it might be
useful one day if this went to

http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOResource/VOResource-v1.1+Erratum1.xsd

rather than overwrite the old file; but let's not complicate this
particular matter.]

> NB There's one other annoyance with the current content of
> http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOResource/VOResource-v1.1.xsd:
>
>    % curl -s http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOResource/VOResource-v1.1.xsd | tail -5
>    </xs:schema>
>
>    <!--
>    vim: sta:et:ts=3
>    -->
>
> which made me think I was going mad when I was editing it in vim.
> I would suggest deleting those final 4 lines at the same time
> (I don't think that requires an Erratum).

Hmhawell, the thing is that that's how Ray did the indentation, and
the somewhat unorthodox tabsize=3 made me think a modeline might be
helpful.

I agree the modeline's deletion doesn't require an erratum, and I've
removed it.  I'd say when we take up work on the VOResource schema, the
first step should be a whitespace-only commit turning the indentation
to a two-blank step.

            -- Markus