new OAI publishing registry

nicolas moreau nicolas.moreau at obspm.fr
Fri Oct 12 10:57:39 CEST 2018

Le 11/10/2018 à 21:17, Patrick Dowler a écrit :

> Hi Registry!
>
> A while back I reported that our old OAI publishing registry died a
> horrible death and we were not able to recover it. With help (thnx
> Markus!) I was able to get the content of the records from the STScI
> registry and hack together a new - very spartan - endpoint that kind
> of implements OAI-PMH.
>
> The rofr.ivoa.net <http://rofr.ivoa.net> now has the URL to this new
> endpoint so other full registries will be harvesting from it now. This
> is just a heads up to watch out for any issues and let me know if
> something goes sideways. The datestamps for records have not changed
> so if ivo://cadc.nrc.ca <http://cadc.nrc.ca> records have not been
> removed due to our extended downtime there will be nothing to see yet.
> A full harvest  should work out though.
>
> PS-Planning to add the code to https://github.com/opencadc once I
> figure out how to move the hard-coded hacks into configuration - this
> was really quick & dirty :-)
>
> --
> Patrick Dowler
> Canadian Astronomy Data Centre
> Victoria, BC, Canada

Dear registry,

To register its services, the VAMDC Consortium has been using the
Astrogrid registry for several years now. Last year, some problems
appeared with it due to a migration to a newer server
with newer libraries. Moreover we were annoyed by a few bugs that we
identified along the way.

We did not have the source code of the registry, only a build of the
webapp, and were unable to do any modification which was problematic.

To remedy the situation, Guy Rixon, who participates to the project and
worked on Astrogrid some years ago, cleaned the source code of the
Astrogrid registry by removing unused libraries and
provided us with a buildable version, using maven 3. It was also an
occasion to fix the bugs ( like a reference to localhost in a wsdl file).

It complies with the previous registry interface 1.0 specification and
provides an OAI interface. However it is of course still relying on an
XML database.

The registry is now up and running
(http://registry.vamdc.eu/registry-12.07) and its source code is
available on github (https://github.com/VAMDC/astrogrid-registry).

Nicolas Moreau,  Observatoire de Paris-Meudon-Nancay
LERMA 01 45 07 79 76 mail:nicolas.moreau at obspm.fr