RegTAP validation suite

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Feb 26 06:09:03 PST 2014

Dear Registry WG,

I've written a validation suite -- well, it's more a set of
integration tests -- for RegTAP.  If you're an implementor, please
have a look and try to run the thing against your service:

http://docs.g-vo.org/regtapval-2014-02.tar.gz

This is certainly not cast in stone -- I may have messed up here and
there and actually require something that's not required by the
standard.  The suite furthermore certainly has, ahem, room for
improvement in terms of coverage of the standard, so any and all
criticism or contributions are welcome.

Having said all that: I believe the validation suite should be kept
fairly near to the standard, it being part of the (well, official)
conditions for something moving on to REC, and of course also highly
useful in service development.  Is there a precedent for that?  Or
any sort of loophole in the policies that would let this (once it's
ready for prime time) end up on some server with an ivoa.net name?

Cheers,

      Markus