potential changes to VODataService!

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 7 08:52:24 PDT 2007

Hey Guy,

Thanks for the great response--very helpful!

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Guy Rixon wrote:
> I note that the proposed changes probably won't be noticed by the code I'm
> working on, since they don't affect Capabilities, but changes to schema make
> me nervous. A "harmless" change to a schema inside AstroGrid a while back
> cost us about a staff month of repairs.

I'm not opposed to putting the changes into a v1.1.  It actually raises
some version issues that we will have to face and so it would be
interesting to exercise them.  Furthermore, if noone else pipes up on the
issue, I'm happy to give you final say on which way we go.

If I were to give you an updated VODataService schema by, say, Monday to
test against, would that make a difference in which way we go?

thanks!