potential changes to VODataService!

KevinBenson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 07:50:50 PDT 2007

Hi Ray I cannot answer for Guy, but yes a Registry for Astrogrid does
keep local copies of the schema for validation, if there is no local
copy as long as there is a xsi:schemaLocation defined for any
new/extended schema then it will validate and store into the database.

So if a Registry has an older/today 1.0 schema and a component/client
writes XML to the new 1.0 schema filling in the optional elements then
it would be rejected because it would check the local copy.

Again I am not to concerned since 1.0 is still quite new and nobody is
really adopting it just yet and there is a good chance our registries
will need another upgrade so we could pick up the new schema if it gets
updated soon.

cheers,
Kevin