registry upgrade roadmap

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu May 25 10:54:43 PDT 2006

Hi Registry providers,

As discussed in Victoria, we will need to coordinate our upgrade to RI
v1.0 which is scheduled to happen this summer.  To get the ball rolling on
the planning, I've done the following:

  1.  I've created a page on the IVOA twiki, RegUpgradeSummer2006, to
      collect information on our schedule, tools, discussion, etc.  Please
      feel free to add to/edit this page as we proceed.

  2.  I've come up with an initial schedule, adapted from the WG roadmap
      (posted on InterOpMay2006ResReg) and posted it to the twiki.
      Here's what's in it so far:

        updated versions schemas                        27-May-2006
        updated draft of RI spec                        31-May-2006
        conversion stylesheets available                31-May-2006
        comments on schemas, spec from implementers 	09-Jun-2006
        complete implementations of RI v1.0             31-Jul-2006
        complete upgrade of RofR                        31-Jul-2006
        new registries registered in RofR               15-Aug-2006
        global switch to new registries                 15-Aug-2006

      This is just my own cut on it; I would like to iterate on this
      with you guys.  We'll need to add details and update it as we go
      along.

      One highlight is that the revised schemas and specs will be
      available by the end of this month.  Though the wider working
      group has most of the summer to review them, our implementer group
      should get our comments earlier so that it can feedback into our
      implementations.

  3.  I think we should consider a telecon soon after June 9th to
      review the schedule, discuss any immediated changes to the
      specs, and otherwise finalize our coordinated efforts.  Please
      let me know if you have any vacation scheduled in June.

Comments?