question on Identify

KevinBenson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Thu May 25 08:50:12 PDT 2006

Yep it needs to be made more clear.

I think what it is actually trying to say is that if you call it via a
Web Service then the base URL is to the Web Service (before the ?wsdl).
If you call the  web service which gets its data via HTTP-GET then you
put the HTTP-GET url as the baseURL.  I guess the idea behind it was
that if you have a Web Service but "No" HTTP-Get then you need to
provide the web service endpoint as the baseurl since you don't have an
http-get to refer to.

As for if the Web Service is optional or required.  It is "optional".
If your a publishing registry you should support either  Web Service
and/or HTTP-Get.

cheers,
Kevin

(okay logging off for awhile)