applications software metadata

Gretchen Greene greene at stsci.edu
Tue Jan 31 09:12:20 PST 2006

Thanks for the clarification,  when I read DM group...i relate that to
the never ending process of all possibilities..  (smile).

Anyway...i hope the registry work can pick up the pace.  There is a need
for the RI standard and also some of the new facets of the VOResource,
e.g. validationLevel.  It takes a good bit of effort for each upgrade.

Applications are really important.  There are so many clients now that
depend on the registry and it seems like these clients are spending LOTS
of programmatic maintenance on figuring out which service type,  what
status of service,  WHICH registry interface support,  what mirrors to
use,  and IF the switches can be included in the schema,  may alleviate
some of the burden.

Anyway...i think the last round of Registry schemas have faired
well...at least the code-generators work well (would like to hear about
any JAXB/xjc successes??)

Goodluck and I'll try to provide some feedback along the way...

-Gretchen