Can we make status attribute required?

KevinBenson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Aug 14 05:27:51 PDT 2006

I just noticed that the 1.0 VOResource.xsd has it where "status" is not
required  (created&updated are required).  This is an attribute that is
queried on a numerous amount of times.  And I suspect would be nice if
it was required instead of optionally being stored.

In the XQuerySearch a client may need to query for not('inactive') and
not('deleted') to try and get consistent results, but even then I am not
sure if it will get the elements/nodes if there is no status attribute
defined/stored with the Resource.

Thought I would put it as a request and see what other people thought on
the mailing list.

cheers,
Kevin