Moscow meeting

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 23 12:50:15 PDT 2006

Hi again, Tony,

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Tony Linde wrote:
> Finally, I need to do a report for the exec which is meeting this week in
> Prague. Basically we need to report against the roadmap:
>   http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/IvoaResReg#Roadmap

Hoo-boy--you basically caught me at the worst time.  While not in time for
the Exec committee meeting, here's my summary.

At the beginning of the summer, a telecon of registry providers spelled
out a more detailed Roadmap for upgrading to RI v1.0 this summer; this can
be found at http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/RegUpgradeSummer2006.
By the end of July and early August, we were to assess whether we would
make this schedule.  By about Aug. 7, it was clear that we would not; we
would then have to revisit the schedule for an upgrade after Moscow.

Here, though, are some highlights of what was accomplished:
  *  updated Schemas and related specification complete (on time)
  *  conversion stylesheets made available (on time)
  *  Ray made a preliminary release of the RofR for testing the Harvesting
       interface (http://nvo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/rofr; registration and
       validation not yet released).
  *  Kevin made availabe an early search interface implementation for
       testing search clients.
  *  Ray posted a registry search client library for testing search
       implementations (see RegUpgradeSummer2006 twiki page).
  *  One or more local searchable registries will be available for the NVO
       summer school.

I will continue to update the twiki pages with status information as
well as respond to outstanding registry-related queries.

hope this helps,