2-stage identifier resolution

Gretchen Greene greene at stsci.edu
Fri Apr 21 09:08:37 PDT 2006

Thanks for the clarification Roy,  this sounds very reasonable.

If you want a starting place i would direct you to the instance examples
here

http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VOResourceV010#The_Schemas

One example that may be relevant is the collection.xml.  If you can't
find a good fit for VOEvent metadata elements then perhaps an extension
is the way to go.  I wrote an extension for an OpenSkynode that modeled
the registry standard SIAP/Cone schema for a similar situation with
skynode registration.  There is nothing prohibiting this,  but if you
have more specific requirements for the descriptions ironed out,  it's
timely with the next major upgrade of the Registry schema antipated a
couple months following the May IVOA interop.  This way it may be more
uniformly exchanged to the community.

Goodluck.

-Gretchen