STC V1.21 posted as PR

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 18 05:50:39 PST 2005

(with apologies if you get multiple copies of this message)

On the Ides of March, version 1.21 of STC has been posted as a
Proposed Recommendation.  It refers to two implementations that have
been published as notes: STC-X and STC-S.

STC-X is the XML implementation that is contained in version 1.20 of
the schemata.  The version of the Note is 1.00 (maybe I should have
synchronized the versions...).

STC-S is the (linear) string implementation that has also been known
as LinearSTC.

As you may have suspected, there is a parallel with ADQL/X and ADQL/S
and my hope is that the corresponding STC versions will eventually
drop in.

After some discussion with Marco, I decided to go with the '-', rather
than the '/', since that character lends itself better to inclusion in
file names.  Maybe VOQL wants to reconsider its naming?

Cheers,

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                Chandra X-ray Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 67                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu