Slots in Kyoto

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 1 10:40:25 PST 2005

Hi Tony,

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Tony Linde wrote:
>  Session 1: Registering applications
>           + other Registry extensions/amendments
>  Session 2: Registry interface
>           + Registry Query
>  Session 3: Registry data model
>           + Registering data quality 'indicators'
>           + Plans for V1.0

I do plan to attend this meeting.  Your general schedule breakdown looks
good to me.  A couple of questions of clarification...

  o  I'm unsure what "Registering applications" refers to; is this
     the CEA model?  (We should definitely hear about this.)

  o  "other Registry extensions/amendments":  do you see this being mainly
     in the form of extensions/amendments to schemas, or might it include
     interface and architecture issues?

Here are some specific things I think we need to talk about and can be fit
into your general categories:

  Data Model Stuff:
    *  Move standardization process forward for the VOResource core
          schema.
    *  Integration of STC into the VODataService schema
    *  Updating the VORegistry schema to support the Registry Interface
          spec.
  Registry Interface:
    *  Remaining issues with RI spec before presentation as PR

All of these items require a certain amount of prep work to happen on the
list ahead of time.  For example, Kevin & I have been making another pass
at the RI spec; we'll bring up some issues for discussion on the list
soon.  I'm also preparing some documents on VOResource necessary for
moving the standardization process forward.

> And which other workgroup sessions should we avoid? As a workgroup, I'd
> suggest we should attend the DM Catalogue model session. Any others
> important to the workgroup as a whole?
>
> (Personally I'd like to attend the VOQL session but don't think it is
> critical to the workgroup.)

I would like to attend the VOQL session.  Our adoption of ADQL for
querying registries last year required some minor changes to the ADQL
spec; it would be good to keep a connection going between our groups as
these standards progress.