Extensions on the registry

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 12 11:40:26 PDT 2005

(thanks, Kevin, for branching another thread.  It's really critical for
working through these issues to be able to separate them when ever
possible.  divide and conquer!)

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, KevinBenson wrote:
> Does everybody agree that we should be able to on Full Registries store all
> Resources including extension Resources?

My current take, personally, is that Full registries *should* store all
records, even though they contain extensions; however, I'm not sure I
would go as far as "must", since this has potentially substantial
implementation issues.  The next question is, what does this do to the
meaning of "Full"?  If a registry does not include extensions, is it
allowed to declare itself full, or can we live with a fuzzier definition?

> Would it be okay if certain Full Registries would not be able to query on
> them and possibly never query on them (them being the extension part of the
> schema's)?

Yes.