Proposed changes to resource-metadata doc re WSDL

Kevin Benson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 4 16:33:32 PDT 2004

All very good points Guy, I will state though the current agreed upon for
AccessURL is to put in the service end point.  Then if you need to go to
the wsdl by default a "?wsdl" can be added if necessary.  Most of
Astrogrid should have changed over by now to only using the service end
point. (I have recently noticed the "Community" component though does
still put the "?wsdl" in the AccessURL). As you say Astrogrid will return
the AccessURL contents when asked, but will get it from the wsdl if a
"?wsdl" is on the end of the url.

On another point that Ray also brought up and something I brought up in
Pune.  We do need to think about storing a few more url's in the "Registry
type" resource.
Such as:
Publishing Web Service url (may or may not exist)
Publishing Web Browser url (required)
Searchable Web Service url (may or may not exist depending on type of
registry full, publish only, special)

Final note is we agreed to add a "OwnedAuthority" element on the "Registry
type" resource as well.  I don't forsee using this element for at least a
few more months, but would be good to go ahead and add into the schema.

Cheers,
Kevin