Publishing to more than one registry

Matthew J. Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Wed Oct 6 11:29:51 PDT 2004

Hi,

A real logistical question: a user has previously published to registry
A so their AuthorityID is managed there and now want to publish to
registry B but use the same AuthorityID that they used before? Since
only one registry can manage an AuthorityID this presents a problem.

Do we inform the user that they must publish at registry A if they want
to keep the same AuthorityID?

Do we transfer all records with the AuthorityID from registry A to
registry B, which then takes over their management?

Can we amend the AuthorityID element so that it has validFrom and
validTo timestamps and then a registry only manages Authorities for
finite periods and users are free to move  around as they wish?

Is there another solution?

	Cheers,

	Matthew