Error column in VOResource

Roy Williams roy at caltech.edu
Tue May 18 07:36:37 PDT 2004

> Would it be a good idea to include a reference to the associated error
> column in a column's description?  eg:

But what happens when there is an error ellipse, RA, Dec, and the three
components RA.RA and Dec.Dec and RA.Dec of the covariance.

What we have thought of in VOTable is an adjunct structure written in RDF that
expresses relationships between the columns, betwwen the columns and UCDs and
other relationships.....

In fact, looking at your XML, may I politely ask why you have chosen not to use
the already established VOTable schema? I had always assumed that the reason
VOTable is included in VOResource is so that table metadata could be understood
by the same software that reads the tables themselves.

Roy