roadmap

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 9 14:45:15 PST 2004

Hi Tony,

You had mentioned that you expected to need updates to RMS to support use
by workflows.  I was wondering if you could elaborate a little bit on this
with respect to the roadmap schedule.  Understandably, you may not know
exactly what changes you need at this point.  What I was wondering is
where in the schedule you envision addressing these needs.

It looks like the relevent dates are:

  30-May-2004   RMS v0.91 (or 0.9.1!)
  30-Nov-2004   RMS v0.92 (or 0.9.2!)
  31-May-2005   RM v1.1*

*Since RMS is supposed to be based on RM, does this imply a corresponding
update to RMS?  Or, are the RMS modifications meant to prototype changes
to fold back into RM?  (What do you see as the purpose of v1.1?)

Given the above dates, where do you see the workflow stuff being added?
Do envision this requiring changes to the core, or may they be relegated
to the extension schemas?