end of comment period for RM V1.0

Robert Hanisch hanisch at stsci.edu
Thu Mar 4 11:54:45 PST 2004

The comment period for the RM V1.0 document closed last week.  You will find
http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/ResourceMetadataRFC.  Before I edit
and update the RM document I would like to vet these changes with the
Registry WG.

Here is a brief synopsis of my responses, which you might wish to read with
the above TWiki document open at the same time.

Re/ comment about "independent", I suggest a minor change of wording, as
shown.

Re/ array-valued elements, I would not change Source, ReferenceURL,
ObjectDensity, any of the data quality elements, or Format (Format is
already an array; the others I would leave as is).  The RM coverage
definitions do indeed need to be consistent with the space-time metadata
defnitions.  The organizing of the spectral coverage metadata in the schema
is not a matter for the RM document.  I will double-check names of
Bandpasses and make sure various descriptions are consistent.

Rename Service.HTTPResults to Service.ResultsMIMEType.

Re/ "constraint", defer to STC definitions.

Re/ Convex, delete.

Re/ Relationship, no change.

Re/ Entity, refer to Dublin Core definition.

Re/ IVOA Identifiers, clarify that these most conform to IVOA Identifier
specification.

Re/ "human-readable format", clarify text.

Re/ Service Metadata examples, fix first example's URL.

Re/ Capability as not required, do not change.

Annotate changes in Section 7 of RM document.

Thanks,
Bob