Identifiers 1.1

Robert Hanisch hanisch at stsci.edu
Thu Mar 4 05:57:01 PST 2004

Folks,

  I think we've gone a bit overboard in our formatting rules here.  There is
no point in making extra work for document authors, changing formats
unnecessarily.  If you read our agreed upon standards process you find:
Working Draft.  A document begins as a Working Draft. A Working Draft is a
chartered work item of a Working Group and generally represents work in
progress and a commitment by IVOA to pursue work in a particular area.  The
label "Working Draft" does not imply that there is consensus within IVOA
about the document.

I do not see the need for another level of document, a pre-Working Draft.
"Working Draft" is clear enough in name and definition.

I believe the intent of our discussions in January was to make sure that WG
Chairs worked with the Document Coordinator to keep the document library
uncluttered, with correct cross-links, etc.

Bob