VOResource v0.10

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 22 20:30:48 PDT 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Matthew Graham wrote:
> I just want to point out one small consequence of: "According to the XML
> Schema standard (Part 1, Sect. 3.3.2, clause 1.2), the use of xsi:type in
> the root element is sufficient for defining its type."
> I will now be able to legally have a Registry entry:
>
> <conesearch xsi:type="SimpleImageAccess">

Hmm, this example hadn't occured to me.

Yeah, I was surprised when I discovered this fact (by accident).  With the
right control over the context in which the records are encoded, we may be
able to prevent this.  Certainly we can force the use of "resource" in the
WS context.  I haven't had the chance to fully understand the
ramifications of this.

> I hope that we are intending to have a "best uses" guide which says that
> although the root element can be anything, it should really be called
> "resource".

at least.