A few questions

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 8 12:14:23 PDT 2004

Hey Matthew,

> BTW if [] are not allowed, what is the syntax for doing type searches:
>
> /resource[@xsi:type = 'ConeSearch']/...  is not allowed

So let's fill out this example a bit.  Let's say the full XPath we're
trying to emulate is

/resource[@xsi:type = 'ConeSearch']/curation[contains(publisher, 'Hopkins')]

This can be expressed as

  /resource/@xsi:type = 'ConeSearch' AND
  /resource/curation/publisher LIKE 'Hopkins'

BTW, I meant to mention that we might consider mandating that the
resource element be considered the context of the XPaths so that we can
drop the superfluous top node:

  @xsi:type = 'ConeSearch' AND

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Matthew Graham wrote:
> According to the current shema (v0.10), I can have vr:facility and
> vs:facility so dropping namespaces will no longer allow me to distinguish
> between them.

Oh yeah.  This is potentially sticky.

Since vs:facility and vr:facility never appear in the same record, could
you translate

   facility = 'HST'

into

   /resource[vr:facility = 'HST' or vs:facility = 'HST']

?

BTW, I'm okay if we stick with the XML-proper way, and include prefixes.

> Also you still need to handle the xsi namespace for
> the xsi:type attribute.

Absolutely, right.  Good point.

cheer,