A few questions

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Thu Jul 8 11:39:17 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have made these comments previously but I will reiterate them here:

> > 2.) We said it would be XPath.  How do we want to handle Namespaces?  Are
> > we going to use predefine prefixes such as "vs:" for some of our
> > extenstions meaning the data service namespace.
>
> This is a detail we have not addressed.  Our options are:
>
>   1. we do things the proper XML way:  the ADQL query itself defines the
>      prefixes it will use.
>
>   2. we mandate the use of predefined prefixes:
>
>         vr:interface/vs:resultType='text/xml+votable'
>
>   3. we just not included (in this round) namespace prefixes in our
>      xpath-based queries, e.g.
>
>         interface/resultType='text/xml+votable'
>
> 2. and 3. are intended to be simplifications that might be make things
> easier.  If not, we should go with 1.

According to the current shema (v0.10), I can have vr:facility and
vs:facility so dropping namespaces will no longer allow me to distinguish
between them. Also you still need to handle the xsi namespace for
the xsi:type attribute.

BTW if [] are not allowed, what is the syntax for doing type searches:

/resource[@xsi:type = 'ConeSearch']/...  is not allowed

/resource/@xsi:type = 'ConeSearch'/... is not the same

	Cheers,

	Matthew