Feedback on Harvesting - providing metadata to harvest

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Thu Jan 29 04:44:20 PST 2004

The starting point for resource metadata is the RM document:
  http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/PR/ResMetadata/PR-RM-20040126.html

There is no detailed description of the schema yet - that will be rolled
into the RM document once we've finished testing the implementation of the
schema.

But this is valuable feedback - we have to make sure it is easy for data
centre managers to maintain metadata. Portals have to be easy to use but we
also need to make it easy for managers to create tools that will keep their
metadata up to date automatically.

Please keep a log of problems and how you resolved them and make sure that
is provided to the list. Can you get us a first cut of this log by 13-Feb to
feed into the other discussions - Ray is doing likewise for the NVO
projects.