IVO ids and Data Sets Identifiers

Robert Hanisch hanisch at stsci.edu
Wed Sep 24 07:39:53 PDT 2003

I think the main point, Francois, is that the identifier is simply not
supposed to be a URL, anymore than bibcodes are.  Bibcodes are resolved into
URLs via services.  Dataset identifiers will be resolved into URLs via
services.  Same thing, no?  So having the proposed structure to VO
identifiers seems an easy way to have compability between registries and
dataset IDs.

Bob