New XML Schema for Resource Metadata

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Thu Sep 11 01:06:19 PDT 2003

Hi Ray,

I think people have been confused by your 0.8.1 numbering. How do you see RM
v0.8 fitting into this new structure? Perhaps a brief cross-mapping
explanation would help.

1-overview.html
along with a sample instance document.  You will notice that the metadata
are divided between a core schema and a few extensions.  The document
above also enumerates the major issues this latest version attempts to
address.  Comments on that front are especially helpful.

Over the next few days, I'll add additional examples to further illustrate
the use of the metadata.  Your comments can be sent to this registry list.

thanks!